Frittata is the perfect Italian breakfast. Light, creamy with lots of vegetables.
This dish is made from a whipped mixture of eggs, milk, sour cream, Bulgarian sweet pepper, healthy spinach and garlic. We will bake the frittata in the oven, you can cook it in a cast-iron frying pan over medium-medium heat.
Toppings can be chosen according to your taste:
• Spinach, artichokes and feta cheese
• Broccoli, cheddar and green onions
• Cremini mushrooms, arugula and goat cheese
• Cherry tomatoes, zucchini, mozzarella and basil
• Shown here: yellow onion, carrot, bell pepper, goat cheese and green onion.
For best results, use heavy cream, yogurt, sour cream and fat milk. So the taste will be rich, and the frittata will be dense.
Chicken egg — 6 pieces
Cow’s milk — 3 tablespoons
Sour cream — 1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Feta cheese — 20 grams
Cheddar cheese — 70 grams
Mozzarella cheese — 120 grams
Bulgarian red pepper — 1 piece
Spinach leaves — 100 grams
Garlic — 3 cloves
Cilantro leaves — 1 tablespoon
Olive oil for frying
Leek — 1 stalk
1. In a deep bowl, mix chicken eggs, milk, sour cream, salt, grated Cheddar cheese, grated Mozzarella cheese, grated Feta cheese. Beat with a whisk until smooth.
2. Bulgarian red pepper is cleaned from seeds and white partitions. Cut the pepper into cubes of 1 inch (2.5 cm).
3. Chop the spinach and coriander leaves finely.
4. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
5. Cut the leek into thin rings.
6. Add coriander leaves and garlic to the egg mixture.
7. Preheat the oil on maximum heat.
8. Fry the bell pepper for 10 minutes.
9. Add leeks and spinach leaves to the pan with pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Take a baking dish or an oven pan and pour a small amount of egg mixture on the bottom so that it completely covers the bottom.
11. Add the contents of the pan to the mold and distribute evenly.
12. Fill the mold with the remaining egg mass.
13. Put the mold in the oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 350 ° F (180 ° C).
14. Remove the mold from the oven and sprinkle grated Cheddar cheese on top of the frittata. Send the frittata back to the oven and cook until the cheese is golden brown.