How to make Spanakopita?
Spanakopita is a dish of Greek cuisine. This is a Greek closed pie with a filling of two types of Ricotta and Feta cheese and fresh herbs. The pie is rich in vitamins and minerals. All the most useful and fresh is spinach, dill, parsley and onion. The crispy crust of the pie is obtained thanks to thin sheets of filo dough. Have not found the filo dough in your region, take a puff pastry without yeast (about 400 grams).
Android app here:
iOS app here:
Support Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself Recipe type: Pies Recipe type: Greek Yield: 8 Prep time: 25 mins Cook time: 50 mins Total time: 1 hour 15 mins Ingredients:
Spring onion — bunch
Parsley — bunch
Dill — bunch
Spinach — 200 grams
Feta cheese — 500 grams
Ricotta cheese — 200 grams
Chicken egg — 3 pieces
Filo dough — 1 pack
Unsalted butter — 200 grams
1. Cut spring onions, dill, spinach and parsley finely.
2. Put spinach in a kitchen towel and squeeze out all the moisture as much as possible.
3. Heat the frying oil over medium heat.
4. Fry spring onions for 3-5 minutes. Put it on a paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
5. In a large deep bowl, whisk 3 chicken eggs.
6. In a bowl, add spring onions, dill, parsley, spinach, crushed Riccota cheese, crushed Feta cheese, salt and pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly.
7. Put half of the filo dough leaves on the baking dish. Smear each sheet with butter. We put the leaves so that the edges hang from the baking dish.
8. Put the filling into the mold.
9. Cover the filling with the remaining leaves of the filo dough. Do not forget to miss each sheet as well.
10. Trim the excess parts of the filo dough. Connect the tips of the dough of the lower and upper parts carefully.
11. Make incisions on the top of the dough with a sharp knife, so that 9-12 squares (rectangles) would turn out.
12. Place in the oven and bake at 325 ° F (160-170°C) for 50 minutes or until the filling is completely cooked and the dough turns golden.
Serving: Serve spanakopita both hot and cold. It goes perfectly with wine.
Gambas al ajillo