A recipe dating back to the 1850s describes dried beef, suet, dried chili peppers and salt, which were pounded together, formed into bricks and left to dry, which could then be boiled in pots in an army encampment in Monterrey, of what is now Nuevo León, Mexico.
It has been a long time since the first mention of chili con carne and today we will try to cook this delicious dish of Mexican-Texan cuisine.
– garlic — 4 pieces
– carrots-2 pieces
– sweet bell pepper — 2 pieces
– hot chili pepper-3 pieces
– the mixture of peppers — pinch
– cumin — ½ teaspoon
– sea salt (or plain)
– ground cinnamon — pinch
– smoked paprika — pinch
– onion — 2 pieces
– can of red canned beans —1 piece
– ground beef — 400 grams
– olive oil for frying
– parsley — 1 bunch
– sour cream — 2 tablespoons for sauce
1. Cut the sweet pepper into half rings or quarters.
2. Spices: mix of peppers, salt, cumin, grind into a fine mixture in a mortar.
3. Garlic finely chop.
4. Finely chop the hot chili pepper. Remove the seeds from the pepper to reduce the burning sensation.
5. peel the Carrots and cut them into small cubes.
6. Cut onion finely.
7. In a pan heat the olive oil
8. Reduce the heat to medium
9. Put sweet bell pepper, carrots, a mixture of spices, garlic, onion and chili in the pan.
10. Cook for 10 minutes.
11. Add the beans and minced meat.
12. Set the heat to maximum.
13. Cooking for another 1 hour. You can regularly add water to our dish languished.
14. Sauce: chop the parsley and mix it with sour cream. So the sharpness of the pepper will be compensated.