As-salamu alaikum, gourmets! Today we want to share a recipe for a fragrant delicious laghman.
Lagman is a set of vegetables and spices, and of course handmade noodles, you can also add lamb or beef. Laghman can be prepared in the form of noodles with a thick stew, or as soup. Here the preferences are different, but the taste remains the same. We prepare a thicker laghman, so it seems to us that it retains more taste and aroma.
How to cook noodles for laghman?
We have previously shared a recipe for Noodles for laghman. Handmade noodles, it takes several hours, but it’s worth it. If you don’t want to waste your time, then you can try to find noodles for laghman in the store, or Chinese wheat will do. The choice is yours!
How to cook a delicious laghman?
Laghman is a dish of Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan). The characteristic taste of laghman is given by spices of this region: cumin, coriander, garlic. Lifehack: heat the seeds of cumin and coriander in a frying pan, so the spices will reveal more of their aromatic properties. We will cook laghman with beef. From vegetables we will take potatoes, red sweet peppers, carrots, white onions and garlic. Of course, homemade noodles made with your own hands. Noodles are first boiled in boiling water, and then immediately dipped in ice water. So the noodles will remain a little elastic and retain their original shape. Cut the vegetables into small cubes. Grind the spices in a mortar. Finely chop the garlic. Cut the beef into thin strips. Stew meat and vegetables sequentially in one large saucepan. We fill the kitchen with aromas and accidentally cause the envy of neighbors. The dish is served only hot.
Cumin (seeds) — 1 teaspoon
Coriander (seeds) — 1 teaspoon
Garlic — 4 cloves
White onion — 1 piece
Red sweet Bulgarian pepper — 1 piece
Potatoes — 4 pieces
Carrots — 2 pieces
Tomatoes — 2 pieces
Beef — 450 grams
Frying oil — 2 tablespoons
Noodles for lagman — 6 servings
Bay leaf — 2 pieces
Salt — 1 pinch
Hot pepper — ½ teaspoon
Ground black pepper — 1 pinch
Paprika — ½ teaspoon
Water (boiling water) — 500 ml
Cilantro — 10 grams
Parsley — 10 grams
1. Heat the cumin and coriander seeds in a frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. This way the flavors open up more!
2. Grind cumin and coriander seeds in a mortar.
3. Peel and finely chop the garlic. You can grate it on a grater.
4. Finely chop the onion.
5. Remove the white partitions and seeds from the red sweet pepper. Cut into medium pieces.
6. Peel potatoes and carrots and cut into cubes of the same size as red pepper.
7. Cut tomatoes into the size of potatoes.
8. Remove the veins from beef. Cut into small strips.
9. In a deep saucepan, heat olive or vegetable oil over medium heat.
10. Fry the beef in a saucepan for 10 minutes.
11. Add onion and garlic to the pan with beef.Mix it up. Cook for 5 minutes.
12. Add carrots and sweet peppers to a saucepan. Mix it up. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
13. Cook the noodles in a separate pot. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove the noodles from the pan and put them in a bowl with ice water.
14. Add cumin, coriander, bay leaves, hot pepper, salt, ground black pepper, paprika to lagman. Mix it up.
15. Add potatoes, tomatoes and boiling water to the lagman. Mix it up. Cover the pan with a lid. Cook for 25 minutes. Stir the dish regularly.