Swedish meatball homemade - Swedish cuisine - Cook4yourself: Healthy recipes
Swedish meatball homemade recipe
Sweden meatballs homemade as you may have guessed originally from Sweden. These balls are prepared in IKEA. If you know about IKEA or have been to Sweden, then you probably tried this delicacy. But we decided to make it at home with our own hands, with warm and love. And for those who have not been to Sweden, this is an occasion to learn the culinary traditions of this country! The secret ingredient that makes the balls tender is bread with milk. And the gravy complements the taste with creaminess and softness thanks to the rich cream. No one will remain indifferent to the smell and taste of these Sweden meatballs.
Cow’s milk — 100 grams
Onion — 1 piece
Olive oil for frying
White bread — 50 grams (or bread for sandwiches 2 pieces)
Chicken egg — 1 piece
Salt and pepper to taste
Minced pork — 250 grams
Ground beef — 250 grams
Nutmeg — ¼ teaspoon
Butter — 3 tablespoons
Wheat flour — 3 tablespoons
Cream — 25% fat content
1. Peel the onion and chop it with a blender.
2. Remove the crust from the bread. Cut the pulp into small cubes.
3. In a deep bowl, soak the bread with milk.
4. Fry the onion in a hot frying pan for 3 minutes.
5. Add the fried onion to a bowl with bread and milk.
6. Mix everything together. We also add minced pork, beef, chicken egg, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Mix everything thoroughly with your hands until smooth.
7. From the resulting mass, roll small balls with your hands.
8.Heat the butter in a frying pan. Reduce the heat to medium.
9. Add the meat balls to the pan and fry until tender.
10. Gravy: pour the flour into a clean pan.
11. Turn the heat to medium. Stir the flour all the time with a spatula or whisk, so that it does not burn. The color of the fried flour should be caramel. The main thing is not to burn it!!! Pour the flour into a container.
12.Heat the butter in a clean frying pan. As the butter melts, you can add fried flour. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
13. Add 100 ml of beef broth and cream , the thicker the better. But you can do without cream.
14. Add the meatballs to the prepared gravy and cook for another 5 minutes, so that the meat balls absorb all the taste and aroma.
Serving: Serve hot with mashed potatoes or as a stand-alone dish
Hello everyone! I believe that if one has learned how to cook, then the rest will be able to. I would like to share with you recipes of dishes from different countries of our big planet. Let's explore the world together through the lens of the world's cuisines. Cook with us - cook for yourself!