Italian Anchovy Pizza with Capers will blow your taste buds! This dish of Mediterranean cuisine is prepared quickly and easily. It has a peculiar taste. And those who love sourness and anchovies, they will be absolutely delighted. We will make our own homemade tomato sauce and delicious dough in this Anchovy Pizza with Capers recipe.
Tomatoes — 4 pieces
Olive oil — 4 tablespoons
Oregano, basil — 30 grams
Capers — 1 tablespoon
Anchovies — 20 grams (6-8 pieces)
Mozzarella — 300 grams
Parmesan — 100 grams
Olives — 5-6 pieces
Flour — 250 grams
Water — 250 ml
Salt — 1/3 teaspoon
Dry yeast — 5 grams
Sugar — 2 teaspoons
1. Prepare the sauce: Wash the tomatoes. Peel off the skin. Grate on a fine grater. In a saucepan, heat one tablespoon of olive oil. Add the ground tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste, oregano and basil (you can dry them). Cook over medium heat until the sauce is thick.
2. Dough for the base: Sift the flour. In the flour, add yeast, 1/3 teaspoon of salt, 2 teaspoons of sugar. Mix well. Add 170 ml of warm water, 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir until smooth. Mix the dough. The dough should become soft and sticky. Roll a ball of dough, transfer to a dry container greased with oil, that would not stick to the walls. Cover with a towel and put in a warm place for 50 minutes.
3. Roll out the dough with your hands, from the center to the edges, in the desired shape, 5-6 millimeters thick.
4. Put the tomato sauce on the dough and spread it over the entire area.
5. Add the mozzarella ( cut into circles).
6. Add the parmesan, grated on a fine grater.
7. We send it to the oven for 15 minutes. The cheese should melt on the dough.
8. Put the capers, olives (cut into circles), anchovies (cut the carcasses lengthwise into two parts). And bake in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Serving: Serve hot.