How to make Penne Alla Vodka?
Penne Alla Vodka is a dish of Italian-American cuisine. A simple dish of simple products. Pasta is cooked over medium heat in tomato sauce with the addition of onion and garlic, vodka and oregano, cream, which give the sauce a bright orange color. Vodka is used of any brand, and can also be replaced with grappa or grape-based liqueur. The pasta is cooked for about 8 minutes until al dente. Tomatoes can be taken both ripe from the garden and canned from the jar. We took Parmesan cheese, its taste is perfect for this pasta. Do not forget about fresh basil leaves and their magical aroma.
Recipe type: Pasta
Recipe type: Italian
White onion — 1 onion
Garlic — 3 cloves
Tomatoes — 720 grams
Ground red hot pepper — ¼ teaspoon
Vodka — 120 ml
Salt — ½ teaspoon
Pepper to taste
Penne — 450 grams
Cream of 20% fat content — 160 ml
Parmesan cheese — 75 grams
Basil — 15 grams
Oregano — 1 tablespoon
1. Wash the onion and garlic and finely chop.
2. Chop tomatoes with a knife, if you do not use canned ones.
3. Boil penne al dente. 8-10 minutes approximately.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
5. Put the onion and garlic in a frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add red hot pepper to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add tomatoes, vodka, salt and pepper. Mix it up. Cook for 20 minutes. Stir regularly.
8. Add cream and oregano. Cook for 3 minutes.
9. Finely chop the basil.
10. Grate Parmesan cheese on a fine grater.
11. Add basil, penne, Parmesan cheese to the pan. Mix it up. If the consistency is too thick, then add a little water from the penne.
Serving: Serve pasta hot!