Pasta alla Norma like any other pasta is a classic of Italy, Sicily. The composition of this paste: Ricotta cheese can be replaced with Parmesan, marinara sauce and the highlight of the dish is eggplant. Fry the eggplants in the oven on a baking sheet. Marinara sauce is made from ground tomatoes, oregano (or a mixture of Provencal herbs), olive oil, onion and garlic. We cook pasta al dente. You can use penne, spaghetti.
Eggplant — 2 pieces
Salt and pepper — to taste
Olive oil — 1 tablespoon
Yellow or white onion — 1 onion
Garlic — 2 cloves
Ground tomatoes — 400 grams
Dry white wine — 80 ml
Pasta — 300 grams
A mixture of Provencal herbs or oregano — 1 teaspoon
Ricotta or parmesan — 30 grams
Basil — several leaves
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion.
2. Cut the eggplant into cubes of 2 inches or 5 cm.
3. Season the eggplant with salt, pepper and sprinkle with olive oil. Mix it up.
4. Place the eggplants in the oven on a baking sheet and cook for 8 minutes at 356 °F (180 °C).
5. Remove the eggplants from the oven, mix and send them to the oven for another 5 minutes.
6. Fry the garlic in a frying pan for 2 minutes.
7. Add the onion to the pan and fry for 5 minutes.
8. Add dry white wine, stir, cook for 5-7 minutes.
9. Add grated tomatoes, eggplant, a mixture of Provencal herbs or oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper to the pan. Mix it up.
10. Reduce the heat to an average value while cooking the pasta.
11. We cook pasta al dente.
12. Turn off the heat at the sauce and add the pasta to the pan with the sauce. Mix thoroughly.
Serving: Serve the dish hot, with wine or with other drinks.