Draniki are Russian potato pancakes. Potato pancakes are made all over the world and each country has its own name, but the principle of cooking almost does not change. Russian draniki is grated potatoes with the addition of flour, onion and chicken egg. They eat them with sour cream. They are decorated with red salmon caviar for the holidays. The crispy crust is obtained thanks to baking flour.
Potatoes — 4-5 medium-sized tubers
Chicken egg — 1 piece
White onion — 1 piece
Baking flour — 1 ½ tablespoons
Salt and pepper to taste
Salmon roe for decoration
1. Wash and peel the potatoes. Grate it on a fine grater.
2. Peel the white onion and grate it on a fine grater.
3. Mix the potatoes, onion, flour, egg, salt and pepper.
4. Heat the oil in a frying pan on maximum heat.
5. Put the potato mixture in the pan. The volume is one tablespoon! Spread evenly in a thin layer with a height of 1 inch or 3 cm. Keep an eye on the oil level, as it is absorbed very quickly.
6. Fry until golden brown on each side.
7. We put it on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
Serving: Serve hot, garnished with red salmon caviar, with sour cream.