Kibbeh is a dish of Middle Eastern cuisine. It is found in Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq and Iran, as well as in Armenia, Turkey. In Syria and Lebanon, the bride must demonstrate the ability to cook kibbeh before marriage. According to the ability to cook this dish, the hostess of the house was appreciated in Syria. The dish is a bulgur croquette stuffed with minced meat, nuts and spices. From half of the minced meat and onion with the addition of bulgur and mint, a paste dough is formed for the base of the dish. The second half of the onion, minced meat is fried with pine nuts or almonds and various spices. Croquettes of various shapes are formed from pasta: round, in the form of lemon or in the form of familiar cutlets. The fried filling is added inside and fried in a large amount of oil. Served with vegetables, yogurt and lemon.
Recipe type:Middle East
Bulgur — 220 grams
Pine nuts — 70 grams
Yellow onion — 290 grams
Minced beef (lamb) — 450 grams
Cumin — ½ teaspoon
Salt and black pepper to taste
Ground cinnamon — ½ teaspoon
Mint leaves — a handful
1. Fill the bulgur with water and leave for 1 hour.
2. Squeeze the water out of the bulgur with a thick kitchen towel.
3. Peel and finely chop the onion.
4. Fry pine nuts on maximum heat for 5 minutes.
5. Heat the oil in a frying pan on maximum heat.
6. Filling: Fry half of the onion in oil for 5 minutes.
7. Add half of the minced meat to the pan.
8. Add pine nuts, ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste, ground cinnamon. Cook until the minced meat changes color to dark brown. Turn off the heat and set aside the frying pan.
9. Base: In a blender, mix bulgur, the remaining onion, the second half of ground beef, mint leaves, salt and pepper to taste.
10. Divide the resulting mass into 8 equal parts.
11. We take one part and form the shape of a lemon with our palms. We make a glub for the filling.
12. Add the filling from the pan and close the edges of the recess so that the filling is completely inside.
13. Heat a large amount of oil in a saucepan or deep-fried.
14. Fry for 7-10 minutes until crispy golden brown.