How to cook Chakalaka?
Chakalaka is a spicy vegetable dish, which includes tomatoes, carrots, beans, onions and spices. The dish appeared in the city of Johannesburg, South Africa. This dish is served with meat or eaten as a main dish. A very flavorful and low-calorie dish. We used garlic, chilli pepper, curry powder, paprika, ginger, thyme and the main ingredients. Canned beans were taken, if you use dried beans, then soak it for 12 hours and boil it additionally before adding it at the time of cooking.
Support us on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself
Recipe type: Main dishes
Recipe type: South African
Garlic — 2 cloves
Yellow onion — 140 grams
Grated ginger — ½ teaspoon
Tomatoes — 320 grams
Sweet red bell pepper — 200 grams
Carrots — 160 grams
Chilli pepper — 2 pods
Canned white beans — 200 grams
Thyme — ½ teaspoon
Ground paprika — ½ teaspoon
Smoked ground paprika — ½ teaspoon
Curry powder — 1 teaspoon
Parsley for decoration
1. Finely chop the garlic.
2. Peel and cut the onion 1 inch (2 cm) in size.
3. Tomatoes, sweet peppers and carrots are cut into pieces 1-2 inches (2-5 cm) in size.
4. Finely chop chilli pepper. Remove the seeds.
5. Heat the frying oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
6. Add the beans to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes. Stir regularly. Put it aside.
7. Separately heat the frying oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
8. Add onion to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
9. Add garlic, ginger, chilli pepper, thyme, paprika, smoked paprika, curry powder to the onion. Mix it up.
10. Add carrots, tomatoes and beans. Cook for 10 minutes.
Serving: Serve hot. It is combined with meat. Garnish with parsley leaves.