Eggplant — 1 kg
Bulgarian sweet pepper — 300 grams
Garlic — 1 clove
Yellow onion — 1 onion
Cherry tomatoes — 500 grams
Stem celery — 2 stalks
Salt to taste
Olives or olives — 100 grams
Parsley — 20 grams
Capers — 2 tablespoons
Bay leaf — 1 leaf
Red wine vinegar — 3 tablespoons
Honey — 1 tablespoon
Cayenne pepper flakes — ¼ teaspoon
1. Peel garlic and onion and finely chop.
2. Cut the celery stalks finely.
3. Wash the eggplants, cut into cubes of 1 inch (3-5 cm).
4. Put baking paper on a baking sheet. Put the eggplants so that there is a little distance between the cubes. Add salt. Drizzle with olive oil. Mix it up.
5. Preheat the oven and send a baking tray with eggplants there. Cook for 30 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes. The color is golden.
6. Heat the oil in a frying pan on maximum heat.
7. Add cherry tomatoes to the pan. Fry for 20 minutes. Tomatoes should give juice and lightly fry.
8. Sweet Bulgarian pepper is washed and cleaned from seeds and white partitions. Cut into large cubes, the size of tomatoes.
9. Cut olives or olives in half.
10. Rinse the parsley and chop it coarsely.
11. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
12. Add the onion to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
13. Add bell pepper, celery, 1 teaspoon of salt, ground black pepper to taste. Mix it up. Cook for 5 minutes.
14. Add garlic, fried cherry tomatoes, capers, olives, bay leaf, red wine vinegar, honey, cayenne pepper flakes. Cook for 8-10 minutes.
15. Pull out the bay leaf.
16. Add eggplant and parsley. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
Serving: Serve caponata hot!