A classic dish of Hungarian cuisine is on our table today! Hungarian goulash with beef! This is a thick soup with vegetables and pieces of beef. Soup was previously a shepherd’s dish and was cooked in cauldrons over an open fire. Perfect for cold winter weather.
Beef (pulp) — 500 grams
Garlic — 2 cloves
Sweet bell pepper — 2 pieces
Celery — 2 stalks
Carrots — 1 piece
Potatoes — 4 pieces
Tomato — 1 piece
Onion — 1 piece
Chili pepper — ½ pod (to taste)
Rosemary — 1 branch
Parsley — ½ bunch
Salt and pepper to taste
Ground paprika — 1 tablespoon
Wheat flour — 1 tablespoon
Water — 200 ml
Dry white wine — 250 ml
Bay leaf — 2 pieces
1. Cut the beef into large chunks.
2. Carrots, celery, sweet peppers, tomatoes and potatoes cut into cubes of 2 cm.
3. Coarsely chop the parsley.
4. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
5. In a deep saucepan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the onion for 3 minutes.
6. Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add the beef and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Reduce the heat by half.
9. Add the parsley, rosemary, chopped chili pepper, paprika and mix everything thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
10. After 2 minutes, add the flour. Mix well.
11. Add tomato, celery, and sweet pepper. Mix well.
12. Pour in the water and wine. Cook for 50 minutes.
13. Add bay leaves, carrots, and potatoes.
14. Increase the fire to the maximum. Cook until the potatoes are ready, 15-20 minutes.
Serving: serve the goulash hot, sprinkled with parsley leaves.