Spicy Orange Chicken recipe
Spicy orange chicken is a dish in the manner of Asian cuisine. The dish combines the burning sharpness of cayenne pepper and the soft sweetness of orange juice and honey.
Recipe type: Chicken
Recipe type: Asian
Chicken drumsticks — 4 pieces
Garlic — 4 cloves
White onion — 1 onion
Apple cider vinegar (9%) — 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil — 1 teaspoon
Cayenne pepper flakes — 1 teaspoon
Orange juice — 250 ml
Coconut milk — 120 ml
Honey — 120 ml
Fresh ginger — 1.2 inches or 3 cm
Salt and pepper to taste
Spring onion — 2 feathers
1. Wash the chicken drumsticks, remove the bones and cut into one bite.
2. Garlic and onion are washed and finely chopped.
3. Sauce: mix apple vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, cayenne pepper flakes, orange juice, coconut milk and honey.
4. Put the sauce on maximum heat and cook for about 30 minutes. The sauce should thicken a little.
5. Cut the ginger into thin strips.
6. Fry the onion and ginger in sesame oil.
7. Add the chicken and cook for 10-15 minutes.
8. Add the sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
9. Boil the rice.
Serving: Put the rice and chicken in the sauce on a plate. Sprinkle with finely chopped spring onions.