Mushroom-Stuffed Chicken Breast is the most delicious breast I’ve ever eaten! The American version of stuffed chicken breast is just a godsend. With few ingredients, it’s easy and quick to make dinner for the whole family. Stretching Mozzarella cheese, savoury basil, creamy mushrooms with garlic is you cannot miss such a dish in your kitchen. It’s just impossible to stop….I think I’ll take another portion!
P.S. Chicken breast fillet (this is half of a whole breast)
Mushrooms — 250 grams
Chicken breast fillet — 4 pieces
Butter — 30-40 grams
Garlic — 3 cloves
Thyme — a pinch
Basil — a bunch
Mozzarella cheese — 250 grams
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel the garlic and finely chop it.
2. Wash the mushrooms and cut them into slices.
3. Cut the Mozzarella cheese into thin slices.
4. Cut the chicken breast fillet with a sharp knife in the middle, so that a pocket for the filling would turn out. The breast should be pressed with one hand slightly pressing, and with the other hand with a knife make an incision along the entire breast almost to the end.
5. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms in batches until golden brown.
6. Put all the fried mushrooms in a large frying pan and add garlic, thyme. Cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat or transfer to a deep bowl.
7. Add basil leaves to the mushrooms. Mix it up.
8. Season the breast with salt and pepper to taste, both outside and inside the pocket.
9. Lay out slices of Mozzarella cheese, mushrooms with basil, slices of cheese again in layers in the breast pocket.
10. Fix the edges of the breast pocket with a few toothpicks, so that the filling does not fall out.
11. Heat the frying oil in a frying pan.
12. Add the stuffed breasts to the frypan. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side.
13. Preheat the oven to 390°F (or 200°C).
14. Put the fried breasts in a baking dish and send them to the oven for 10-15 minutes.