Ciao, gourmets! Friday has come, or maybe just a meeting with friends in the middle of the week or a light party in honor of a birthday, the occasion is unimportant, the main thing is a snack and drinks! As a tender snack, the choice of Italians is obvious – it’s crostini with various fillings. Crostini with red fish is perfect for any celebration. Moreover, crostini is ideal with wines.
Salmon Crostini Recipe
It would seem that what is the difference between crostini and bruschetta, both dishes are prepared the same way by definition, but still there are differences.
- fried without oil, but watered with it from above.
- bread thickness is less than that of crostini
- rubbed with a clove of garlic.
- it is fried in a frying pan, but with a slightly greased surface with olive oil to form a crust.
- the bread thickness is greater than that of bruschetta.
- the filling is usually made of various types of cheese and any ingredients
Toppings for crostini
- parmesan, ricotta, mascarpone, pecorino or any other cheese
- parma ham
- chicken fillet
Italian sandwich or not?
Formally, crostini or bruschetta cannot be called Italian sandwiches. An Italian sandwich, as well as an American classic sandwich, is covered with a second or third slice of bread on top.
Android app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cook4yourself.android
iOS app here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/cook4yourself/id1561606000
Support Patreon here: https://www.patreon.com/cook4yourself
Recipe type: Appetizer
Recipe type: Italian